Java Developer for Cirkus
At farmerswife, we are building a new cloud-based product which aims for excellent reliability and scalability.
We’re looking for a talented Java developer to join our backend team. You will be responsible for implementing new features and will work with everything from the design of the API and bespoke integrations, to optimizing database queries.
This is your chance to join a growing team and a revolutionary project in an international established company.
Our current stack
• A RESTful Java server
• Apache and Tomcat
• AngularJS web app
• Native Mac and iOS app
You’ll work on projects like…
• API design and implementation for new features.
• Implement the server-side business logic for those features.
• Write unit tests and integration tests.
• Measure and optimize database queries and other performance bottlenecks.
• Integration of our application with 3rd parties, including learning new technologies and languages for these projects as required.
We are looking for a full-time Java Engineer to join us in our beautiful Mallorca HQ office.
You love challenges and learning new things and always strive to be better at what you do. You are a passionate, self-motivated individual who has a real talent for writing well-structured, scalable and robust code. You are a great communicator and work well in a team.
• 5+ years as a Java software developer with previous experience in large, successful client/server based software projects.
• A deep love for a clean and maintainable code base.
• Experience in writing well defined and relevant unit tests and integration tests, including test driven development (TDD) practices.
• Experience and understanding of schema-less database design and principles.
• Task estimation and adherence to project deadlines.
• Git or other equivalent version control software
• SQL and NoSQL
• ORM (Object-relational mapping)
• Dependency Injection (e.g. Guice)
• RESTful API:s
• Advanced English skills and fluency when expressing yourself.
• Experience in Aspect Oriented programming (e.g. AspectJ).
• Knowledge of MapReduce and other aggregation operations on a MongoDB database.
• Experience working with Continuous Integration (e.g. Travis CI or Jenkins).
• Experience writing HTML email templates supported by the vast majority of email clients.
• Experience working in AGILE teams.
What we offer
• The chance to join a fantastic worldwide team of colleagues.
• Varied tasks and a fast learning pace.
• Competitive salary + vacation days.